Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chick Liver Two Ways Burger

I never do this. I never do the whole "Duck 5 ways" thing. I definitely don't cook that way at home. But Joey and a friend brought home an assortment of ingredients; ground beef, liver sausage, onion, tomato, head of garlic, English muffins and Gorgonzola.
I wasn't particularly in the mood to cook. Really, I just wanted to make something quick and relax as soon as possible. So, burger it was.


- I seasoned the meat generously in a bowl.
- Got a large saute pan hot, added a Tb of extra virgin olive oil.
- Browned the burgers on both sides.
- While they cooked, I slice the onion and tomato.
- Then I looked in the fridge to see what condiments we had. There in the back was some Chicken Liver Mousse I had made recently.
- I said, "does anyone want chicken liver mousse on their burger?". There was a hearty reply of "YES!".
- So I toasted those English muffins, shmeared the mousse - gettin' in all the "nooks and crannies".
- Then I placed each burger on it's bun. Sliced the liver sausage, then gave it a quick pan fry in the same pan.
- Onions, tomato, dirty Martini and we were on our way to deliciousville!

2 comments:

  1. oh kat, i wish you lived in Seattle. I would have been right over with a bottle of wine, or vodka for those dirty martinins.

    i will let you know when we hit the big city. :) hopefully sometime in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really tasty to me.

    ReplyDelete